Monday, April 3, 2017

Dr. Atl replica exercise


Two days ago I made a small replica exercise of one of my favorite Mexican painters, Dr. Atl. The original painting is called "sombra del Popo" which makes reference to a very iconic volcano in Mexico called Popocatépetl. There is a beautiful legend about it. I'll tell you about it later. I really admire the use of color of Dr. Atl. I think it was one of the most difficult things to replicate. I made this exercise because I personally love the painting and wanted to have a part of it in my room. It is made with oil paintings, it took me about two hours and a half. I'll try to make more paintings during the weekend and maybe upload some videos of their process. Today I registered for Mexico's national arts School from INBA (Instituto Nacional de Bellas Artes) I'll do the exam soon, so I'll be telling you about how things are going! Hopefully I'll get accepted. Hope you had a happy Wednesday, 
with love, Monica.

 PS. Here you can see the original painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment